KAYAK SESSION TO INTRODUCE YOU TO THE BASICS OF WHITE WATER KAYAKING
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ?
THIS KAYAK SESSION IS ALL ABOUT GETTING YOU READY TO GET DOWN A RIVER WITH RAPIDS IN STYLE. WE INTRODUCE YOU TO THE BASICS OF THE SPORT BY TEACHING YOU THE FOLLOWING TECHNIQUES IN THE CALM AND COOL CONFINES OF THE BEAUTIFUL KEREKAADU CAMPSITE, WHICH IS LOCATED ABOUT 2 HOURS FROM BANGALORE
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN ?
- To get comfortable in the kayak in the water
- Basic entry and re-entry maneuvers
- Fitness conditioning and warm up techniques before going out to paddle
- Unloading a Kayak
- Launching a kayak
- Paddle strokes: forward, backwards, bracing and learning how to manuever the whitewater kayak.
WHAT TO BRING ?
- A change of clothes to get wet in
- Water resistant shoes or sandals
- Mosquito Repellent
- Sleeping bag and a warm layer since it can get chilly in the evenings
PLEASE NOTE (IMPORTANT)
- Cost for the session is Rs. 5500. This cost includes the Kayak + gear rental and the kayak instruction, 2 meals (Dinner and Breakfast), Campsite fees and tents.
- We have a ratio of only 4 students per instructors to ensure that every participant is given adequate attention during the course
- Food and transport are not part of the package. Transport to and from the city can be arranged upon request at an extra cost
- Our Students are given the top quality equipment which has been certified for use on any grade of whitewater.
- Our courses are based on the syllabus as prescribed by the ACA (American Canoe Association)
- We will leave Bangalore around 12 PM and drive to the campsite which is located about 2 hours from Bangalore.
- We will reach the campsite at around 2PM and unload the gear. A quick safety briefing will be conducted after which we will get in the water and for kayak session till about 5:30 - 6PM.
- Pitch tent, start a fire, relax under the starry open sky and contemplate on why you don't do such things more often.
- Wake up early next morning and get into the water right after breakfast at 8 AM. We will practice till about 11:30 - 12PM after which we will wind up the camp and head back to Bangalore.
1. Complete the registration form & waiver : http://goodwave.in/waiver
2. Click the "Cashfree" below button to make the payment. You will be directed to their website and you can use your credit or debit cards/netbanking to make the payment. If this payment method doesn't work for you please transfer the amount of Rs. 5500 to bank account details mentioned below. Note that Goodwave Adventures is a brand that is owned by Madras Fun Tools (www.madrasfuntools.com)
Goodwave Adventures is a wholly owned subsidiary of Madras Fun Tools (www.madrasfuntools.in), India’s only online store dedicated to paddle sports.
3. If you prefer a direct bank transfer, then transfer the course fee of Rs. 5500 to the following bank account:
Name : MADRAS FUN TOOLS
A/C No : 50200001237197
Branch : BESANT NAGAR, Chennai
IFSC Code : HDFC0000010
Beneficiary bank swift code- HDFCINBBCHE
Up to 10 days before the event you will have 100% refund.
From 9 to 5 days before the event you will have 50% refund or a 100% discount on a similar session conducted in 2013.
From 4 to 0 days there will be no refund
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.